Department Contact Details
Contact Number: 0171-2630283
|Dr Anuradha Goyal||M.Sc., NET|
|Ms. Rekhani Jyoti Pal|
|Bio technology in B.Sc. I ,II ,III|
|Well equipped lab having following apparatus|
Name of the Teacher Incharges: Mr. Sumit Chhibber and Dr. Sonia Batra(Department of Botany and Zoology)
Following activities were organized under the guidance of Dr. Divya Jain, Mr Sumit Chhibber, Ms. Zeenat Madan and Dr. Sonia Batra:
- Members of the association planted medicinal plants and set up Vertical Garden from Plastic bottles in the college on August 01, 2016.
- Botanical Excursions to Mussourie on September 10, 2016 and in Ambala on March 02, 2017.
- ‘ECOFEST’ on September 16, 2016. 200 students pledged for a clean and green campus and Installed colour coded dustbins. Cleanliness and Awareness Drive, Logo Making, Pot Making from waste material, Plantation Drive, Skit, Tag Line, Poster Making, Tattoo Designing Competitions were conducted in the Eco Fest.
- Two students participated in the District level Science Exhibition held on February 03, 2017 at Government College, Ambala Cantt.
- A Two days workshop on “Plant & Microbial Biotechnology and Biochemistry” was held on February 9, 2017. Dr. Navneet Batra, Head, Department of Biotechnology, GGDSD College, Chandigarh acted as the resource person during the workshop.
- 20 students actively participated in the Biology Quiz organized on February 28, 2017.
- 50 students of B.Sc. II (Medical and Biotechnology) participated in the “Plant Identification and Collection Drive” held on March 01, 2017.